Design and Analysis of deep water ocean moorings, shallow water wave / wind energy moorings, and river moorings.
MMC has analyzed many systems ranging from open-ocean deep water moorings for support barges in the Brazilian oil fields, to shallow water moorings in the extreme waters of the Arctic Ocean. Mooring projects include calculations of:
- Anchor uplift and range of laid lengths in catenary systems
- Tensions distributed along mooring lines from anchors to fairleads
- Contributors to fatigue life including corrosion, abrasion and extreme loads (snap loads)
MMC can specify, qualify, and recommend sources for:
- Mooring chain of various grades
- Synthetic rope (nylon, HMPE, polyester)
- Mooring jewelry (shackles, terminations)
- Anchors (drag embedment, gravity, helical)
Our staff can design and analyze a complete mooring system for your application, selecting the best, most economical components.
- Maximum excursion of your vessel (watchcircle) from its nominal position
- Maximum peak roll, pitch and yaw
- Peak loads on the mooring lines
- Fatigue loads on the mooring lines